Petrol scooters are priced so high that you must be shocked. As the cost of BS6 engines has increased, petrol scooter rates have also increased. Media and people often say electric vehicles are more expensive than petrol vehicles due to a misconception. It is no longer common to see electric scooters on the road.
The Indian EV Industry has been working hard to localize more and more, which is largely thanks to their efforts. Once battery cells are mass-produced in India, electric scooters will be cheaper once they reach electric scooter price parity with petrol scooters.
One of the main reasons electric scooters are so appealing is that they are extremely inexpensive to operate:
- Electric scooters such as the PURE EV eTrance NEO cost only Rs 0.25 a kilometer to run. Small towns and villages and commercial locations in cities have relatively inexpensive electricity prices at around Rs 10 per unit.
- Fuel costs are Rs 2.5 per kilometer (40 kmpl, Rs 100 per liter) for this petrol hero electric scooty.
When you drive an electric hero electric scooty for four years and travel 40,000 kilometers (10,000 kilometers per year), you save Rs 90,000. The electric scooter price of petrol varies as a result of macroeconomic conditions. The cost of petrol per liter today is Rs 100. There is a possibility that it will exceed Rs 120 tomorrow. Your electric scooter will always have low operating costs since electricity rates have remained relatively stable over many decades.
Here are the maintenance costs associated with this petrol hero electric scooty over the next five years.:
- There are many complex parts on petrol scooters, and their engines need to be lubricated. Maintenance costs for petrol scooters are typically Rs 6000 per year, which amounts to Rs 30,000 for five years.
- Petrol scooters also require many parts, such as engines, transmissions, gearboxes, converters, filters, and engine parts. There can be problems with these, and they will need to be replaced or repaired. For 5 years, let’s set aside Rs 10,000 for part repair/replacement costs.
For a period of five years, your petrol scooter could cost Rs 40,000 in maintenance costs. Over five years, let’s see what maintenance costs will be associated with this electric scooter.
- The moving parts on electric scooters are far fewer than those on petrol scooters. Regular mechanical maintenance and engine oil changes will take less time at the service station.
- With electric scooters such as the PURE EV eTrance NEO, the battery is covered for 3 years/40,000 kilometers, so battery maintenance is not required for 3 years. Please understand that this battery is manufactured by PURE EV, which sells electric scooters. PURE EV dealers can assist you with any battery pack-related service. Dealers can provide information about other manufacturers.
Checking the status of the battery pack’s cells
The ‘BaTRics Faraday’ system – an AI-driven hardware device that resolves battery defects through external healing – is equipped with every PURE EV dealer. A device connected to the battery by an external connection allows Pure EV to diagnose and resolve battery defects using artificial intelligence-driven hardware.
This system should be used every three months to check your battery. We haven’t seen any battery check systems from other Hero electric scooty manufacturers to dealers. In terms of battery replacement, we believe you won’t need to replace your battery pack in five years.
In the case of degradation and a need for more range after four years or more, you could buy a new battery. In four years’ time, a 2.5 or 3 kWh battery pack of a PURE EV is expected to cost Rs 25,000 to 30,000 because the battery is manufactured in-house.